Thursday, March 10, 2011

I won an award...

... and am so honored.  I won the award for the work I used to do--before our office was transitioned.  My boss (and friend) also won an award.  I got a call in mid-January that I had been nominated and won the "Outstanding Woman Staff ," award.  I was in complete shock--me?  I listened as she told me the date of the event and the names of the people who had nominated me.  And then, she told me that my boss had won the, "Outstanding Woman Administrator."  Tears started to fall.  I was so very proud at that moment, and so much more happy for her than for me. 

The truth is that I love the university where I work.  I love so many of the people and have made lifelong friends there.  It just stinks that I am now in a time of transition.  This transition has been very hard, and at times I am crushed and feel useless.  I could do so much more with my time.

In some ways, this transition makes me focus on family, friendships and some of the more important things in life.  I have always been so proud of my career and have loved my job.  Maybe I am in a phase of life where I need to be focused on other things instead of putting so much focus on work. 

The outlook is good!  Opportunities abound, and I am certain that everything happens for a reason.  I know that things will get better and a new career will become available in His timing.

My dad told a story tonight about me as a little girl.  He told someone that when I was 5 years old, I was already using an alarm clock.  I would wake up every morning and get myself ready for school.  My husband laughed and said, "Sounds like she has been a "go-getter" all her life!"

I married a funny man.  When he walked into the reception tonight, he said, "You know...behind every great woman is a good man."  Very true, honey.  Thanks for your support and for making me laugh every day.

1 comment:

  1. Awww! I'm so proud of you! You are such a go-getter! You have an enthusiasm that is contagious, and I know you are so great at your job! You and the hubby look great in that pic too!

    ReplyDelete